Sunday, October 15, 2006

How many?


Lizzie: Mom, how many legs does an octopus have?

Mom: They have 8 legs. Oct- means 8.

Lizzie: Hmmm... 1...1 and a half.... 1 and 3/4.... Mom, my octopus doesn't look right.




Mom: Let me see it....hmmmmm....it seems to be missing a few legs.

Lizzie: Knightly! What have you done to my octopus that Scooby, Shaggy, and Scout gave to me?

Knightly: Well, you see, I have heard that octopus tastes good so I had to give it a try.

Lizzie: This isn't a real octopus! It's a toy - MY toy! And you have ruined it!

Mom: Knightly, you need to apologize to Lizzie. You should not have eaten her toy. You know you aren't allowed to eat that kind of stuff.

Knightly: I am sorry, Lizzie. To make it better, why don't I just eat the last leg off so he will look better?

Lizzie: Hmmph! I think you owe me a new toy.

Mom: I agree. Knightly, no treats for you until we find another octopus.

Knightly (with a sigh): Sisters are a pain!




9 Comments:

Blogger Max said...

Heh...Buddah's octopus looks alot like that, only I think it was the head he ripped off. The Woman bought him a new one, but it just wasnt the same...

October 15, 2006 11:35 PM  
Blogger Just Ducky said...

Hmmm, my octopie looks just fine. But then I don't eat my own toys.

October 16, 2006 5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, we think you deserve a new toy.

October 17, 2006 5:33 PM  
Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

Octopus is good in a salad I hear. Heehee, that is kinda funny. But a new toy is in order ~Merlin, Shadow, Ko kO

October 18, 2006 6:57 AM  
Blogger The Crew said...

Oh Knightly, my twin, I'm sure if you did this it was an unavoidable accident, and you're terribly sorry about it. I know you'd never eat a red & white octopus, which is my very, very favorite toy, too.

Love,
Tipper

October 18, 2006 1:16 PM  
Blogger Fat Eric said...

Eeek, that octopus certainly has seen better days. Mine still has all its legs. But I don't play with it that often, I spend more time pulling the feathers off my feather sticks - now, they DO look tatty!

October 18, 2006 7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you deserve a new octopus, Lizzie. I have seen them in other colors, too. Maybe a differently colored one wouldn't look so tasty to Knightly.

October 20, 2006 4:38 AM  
Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Wow!!! You loved that present to death!

October 21, 2006 11:41 PM  
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

heh, all our toys look like that, 'acause sammy eats them

October 22, 2006 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home