Monday, April 03, 2006

The Weird Sisters*


Knightly

Thanks for all of the birthday wishes - I got a whole can of Salmon stinky goodness for breakfast and treats all day long!

Now, onto today's topic. My sisters are getting strange as they "mature". Lizzie has started letting Mom rub her tummy. Firenze has always been weird and an attention whore (I'm not sure what that is, but Mom calls her that), but now they are spending a lot of time in the carrier thingy. Mom has been lazy and hasn't put it away from when she took us to the vet a couple of weeks ago. So it has been sitting on our bed in "Mom's office."

First, Firenze started hanging out and taking naps in it.



Then, one day, I saw Lizzie going in the carrier thingy and booting Firenze out.




Now, I am all for taking over a comfy spot (like Dolce), but the carrier thingy? Come on! What are they thinking?!? Mom doesn't need to have it easy when it comes time to put one of us in there.

But, here's the evidence that Lizzie is doing it too:



Sigh, I have tried to teach them how to be cats, but they just don't follow a good example. Mom has even been reading Max's book to us and they still don't get it!

I guess there's no hope for them now.




*We (and this includes our Mom) are not related to JK Rowling and are not trying to infringe on any copyrights. Mom is a huge Harry Potter fan and has forced us to endure listening to the Hary Potter audiobooks and seeing the movies countless times. I will also state that if you have read the above post, you will understand that my sisters are weird. ~Knightly

16 Comments:

Blogger Just Ducky said...

I sometimes hang out in my carrier. So it isn't all that wierd.

April 03, 2006 8:57 PM  
Blogger PrincessMia said...

Mom tries to get me to hang out in my carrier by leaving it around. But I only do it once in a long while, especially when she's not around. I think it's weird.

April 03, 2006 10:21 PM  
Blogger Max said...

Don't they know the door can suddenly shut and they could wind up at the stabby place???

April 03, 2006 10:53 PM  
Blogger Lone Star Purrs said...

We used to hang out in ours too. But now they are in the room with momma's big metal monster. When she left them out for us, she took the doors off so she didn't trip over them. Momma also knew when bad weather was coming....she'd find us hiding in the carriers.

~Meeko and Kiara

April 03, 2006 11:34 PM  
Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

I would NEVER purposely go in the carrier thing!! That is just asking for troubles.

April 04, 2006 12:43 AM  
Blogger Gigolo Kitty said...

Yes, stay away from carriers! Carriers = vets (and stabby things)

April 04, 2006 2:04 AM  
Blogger Carolina Cats said...

I sleep in the carrier sometimes too! But I get a funny feeling when mom is going to take one of us to the vetty bean and I run away and hide. Buddy never likes to go near it so she has a really hard time getting him in there for vet visits.

Finny

April 04, 2006 9:01 AM  
Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

Be careful...I think the carrier "bed" is a trick. Just when you think it's safe to snooze, SLAM goes the door and you're off to the vet!

Weird sisters or not, they should take heed!

April 04, 2006 2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My bruvver does that every day! Sometimes I sleep on top.

April 04, 2006 10:35 PM  
Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

Oh know, they like the carrier? They are lost, lost we say !!!! ~Merlin, Shadow, Ko Ko

April 05, 2006 1:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hang out in my carrier too, but it's all about choice. If it appears I'm being force into it to go to the v-e-t then I get extremely hissy. Happy belated birthday also. Computer was screwy on that day.

April 06, 2006 12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're with Max and you, Knightly. We don't want to make it that easy on Mom to take us anywhere!!

(ps - Mom said to ask - is your mom by any chance a Jane Austen fan, too? :-))

April 06, 2006 3:26 PM  
Blogger Fat Eric said...

I would NEVER enter the carrier voluntarily!!! My mum has to hide it round a corner and then take me by surprise and stuff me into it before I can get my legs all braced and my claws dug into the floor. She usually wears a sturdy long-sleeved garment when doing this to avoid getting clawed to death in my struggles (NOT THE CARRIER!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!) She gets annoyed because when the v-e-t has finished with me, he just pops me in the carrier and I give him no trouble (because I know I am going home now!)

April 07, 2006 12:17 PM  
Blogger Fat Eric said...

Ooh, I forgot to say, my mum says when she went to visit her sister in Cornwall this weekend, she met a kitty who lives there who looks JUST like you, Knightly. And they were a very friendly purry kitty too.

April 07, 2006 12:18 PM  
Blogger Petey said...

Just call us all weird. We all sleep in the carrier, its nice and cozy and has a towel in it.

April 08, 2006 11:41 PM  
Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

Actually, I enjoy the opportunity to explore the carrier... but then she shuts the door. I get back by refusing to come out at the vet and refusing to go back in to go home. So, there.
My woman has read EVERY Harry Potter book to the boy, out loud, and some of them twice. Boy, do we know the stories!

April 12, 2006 9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home