Friday, February 10, 2006

Evil Vet Report

Well, I survived.

Since Finn and Buddy asked, Mom takes us to Park Vet Hospital in Durham since it's the closest to our place. Dr Beth was actually really nice to me (Mom: she's always nice to you!) Anyway, she said that I could go down to having one puff a day (Mom: he is talking about his inhaler for his asthma). Mom is happy since that means our petsitter Ana will only have to come by once a day while Mom is in Aff-ree-ka. We like Ana, but we would rather have Mom at home with us.

However... (there had to be a catch somewhere)

Pre-dental blood-werk was mentioned during the visit. I don't like the sound of pre-dental or blood-werk. Dr Beth says that they have to check my blood since I am on ster-oids and that I need to have my teeth cleaned. My teeth get cleaned when I eat crunchy food and that is enough. I don't need a human to clean them for me. As for the steriods, they keep me from hacking up my lungs and it's working just fine, so I don't need to be stabbed. The bad thing is that Mom agrees with Dr Beth.

I also had to get some kind of special shot. They didn't actually stab me but dropped some stuff into my eyes and then up my nose (Mom: the distemper vaccine). I didn't like the nose bit, so I snorted it all over Dr Beth's hands. She still gave me chin skritches, though.

Sigh, maybe she will change her mind about the blood-werk and teeth cleaning while she is in Aff-ree-ka, but I am not holding my breath.

~ Knightly


We've been tagged by The Calico Girls and Oscar

Here are the rules:
1. Go into your archives.
2. Find your 23rd post.
3. Post the fifth sentence (or closest to it).
4. Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions.
5. Tag five other people to do the same thing.

My 23rd Post, 5th sentence: Saturday morning, she feeds us, barely.

We tag Timmy, Oreo, Ayla, Sanjee, and Scooby, Shaggy, and Scout and whoever else would like to do it.

11 Comments:

Blogger Carolina Cats said...

Knightly! We're so glad you posted, we were getting verry worryd. I guess one puffer a day is good, but stabbys is not good. I hope you are feeling better and that you don't have to do the dental werk. My vetty bean wants me to have that too but I think it is not normal for vetty beans to go sticking there fingers and stuff in cats' moufs. Like you said, our crunchies clean our teeths.

Buddy

February 10, 2006 6:58 PM  
Blogger Fat Eric said...

I'm glad you survived the v-e-t, Knightly. Have you thwacked Firenze yet?? Dental stuff does not sound like fun, try biting anyone who sticks their fingers in your mouth!

February 10, 2006 6:59 PM  
Blogger WCTs said...

Hang in there....good to hear you have been and back!

The Whippy Curly Tails in the Toasty South
=^..^=

February 10, 2006 7:58 PM  
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

glad to hear you are ok. we was worried

February 10, 2006 9:39 PM  
Blogger Max said...

Cats can get asthma? Wow, I didn't know! How did the People figure out you had it? Do you cough alot? I'm sorry if I'm being nosy, but for some reason I never thought about kitties having it before!

February 10, 2006 10:56 PM  
Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Yeah, we're with Max. Our mom uses those inhaler things to keep hers under control, but we want to know how in the world a cat uses an inhaler. Can you show pictures?

February 10, 2006 11:15 PM  
Blogger Myst and Blackie said...

RUN!!!! Dental work is horrible! They yanked out two of my teeth while I was asleep!

Mia

February 11, 2006 9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our Mom has asthma too (and so do both our boys). How in the world do you use an inhaler, Knightly? Do you have a nebulizer? How did the V-E-T figure out about your asthma? And most importantly, are you allergic to cats?? Mom said she is (but way more to dogs). Her doctor just shakes his head. He says he used to tell people to get rid of the cat... until he figured out that this just made people get rid of the doctor. Heehee.
~ moose

February 11, 2006 2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh...so sorry! Hope you don't have to go through THAT again!

February 11, 2006 11:42 PM  
Blogger Myst and Blackie said...

Knightly - I'm okay but just recovering from being put to sleep for my teeth cleaning & extractions. Mean old vet said they didn't give me much because of my age but I felt loopy for a while... thanks for being concerned - promise to post soon on the visit. Glad you survived your visit to V-E-T

Mia

February 12, 2006 10:47 PM  
Blogger The Crew said...

We didn't know cats could use an inhaler either. Our Dad, Sister B & Brother J all have asthma and use inhalers.

Yes show a picture of you using your inhaler!

February 13, 2006 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home